This is a painting of the 18th Hole and Clubhouse at Prestwick Golf Club painted by Gordon White.
Prestwick hosted the first Open Championship when Willie Park from Musselburgh won the Red Morocco Belt in 1860. In 1872 the Open was still being played at Prestwick when the famous Claret Jug, still in use today was first played for. That Open was won by Old Tom Morris completing 4 in a row, no other golfer has ever managed to repeat this feat. Prestwick has hosted the competition no less than 24 times. Due to space limitations Prestwick no longer hosts the Championship.
The Limited Edition Signed Prints (1000 copies) shows the 17th green and 18th hole of this famous venue.
Very few remaining
Size: 21″ x 17″ (533mm x 432mm)